Infinite Discs has worked tirelessly to create an online disc golf shopping experience that can not only present that largest selection of discs in an easy-to-navigate way, but that also provides unmatched customer service and fast order fulfillment.
Here is an outline of how your order is handled and the shipping options.
WHEN ARE PACKAGES SHIPPED?
Infinite Discs ships many orders every day, except Sunday. On Monday – Friday we can get a full day of packaging and shipping completed before the packages must be handed to the shipping services. If you get your order in before 4PM MDT (that’s our time zone) then we are usually able to ship the same day that you place your order. If you place your order in the evening, then it will ship out the next day.
On Saturday we are only able to put together orders until midday before we must pass the packages to the postal service, so we do not get as many orders processed and shipped on Saturdays as on weekdays. Unless your order is made early Saturday morning, it will likely not ship until Monday. On Sundays we are closed, as are all of the shipping services, so no orders will be packaged or shipping on Sundays.
It is safe to say that all orders are processed and shipped the SAME DAY or NEXT DAY after you place your order. The only exception would be if you place your order in the afternoon or evening on Saturday, because then we won’t get to it until Monday.
Of course, holidays are also exceptions because even if we are here working, nobody will be coming to pick up those packages on holidays.
WHO SHIPS THE PACKAGES?
Once we carefully pull and package your order, we print a shipping label using software which selects the best price out of three different shippers. The vast majority of shipments are sent using USPS (US Postal Service). Larger, heavier packages are usually shipped using UPS. International packages and some larger packages are shipped using DHL (only their expedited service). In the case of USPS and DHL, we do not use any of their ground service options, so your package will always be shipped first class, priority, or the DHL equivalent or priority (Expedited or Expedited Max). Large packages that go through UPS will be going via ground service, because of the weight.
The tracking number you receive in your email and on your login account will link to the appropriate shipping company so you can follow your package’s progress.
CAN YOU UPGRADE SHIPPING?
Once you have your shopping cart full and you’re ready to proceed with checkout, take a look at that shopping cart and you’ll see some shipping upgrades that can be clicked. One of those shipping upgrades is a PRIORITY UPGRADE. Here are two things that the upgrade will do for you:
- Priority Upgrade will guarantee that your package is shipped through USPS (US Postal Service) using Priority Mail. While Priority Mail is not a guaranteed speed, it is typically 2-4 days delivery. It will bypass DHL as an option.
- Priority Upgrade will move your order to the TOP of the shipping cue, so you cut to the front of the line for us to pull your discs and ship them.
Important Note: Priority Upgrade will NOT do anything to speed up large, heavy items like bags, backpacks, baskets, etc. It will also NOT do anything to speed up international packages. If you select Priority Upgrade in those cases, then you’re only paying the extra shipping fee to move to the front of our shipping queue, but that is all.
OTHER SHIPPING UPGRADES
Before proceeding to checkout your order, you can also select to upgrade to “Ship In a Box” which will prompt us to put your discs into a box, if that is your preference.
For orders with 5 or fewer discs, we usually package them carefully in padded envelopes. Those padded envelopes protect your discs and keeps the overall weight and cost down. But if you want a box and you click for the upgrade, you’ll pay the extra $2 on your order to cover the cost of the box and the extra weight of the packaging.
Note: If you are ordering more than five discs, then it is highly likely you’ll be getting your discs in a box anyway, so at that point, the upgrade is not necessary.
You may also select to add Mystery Swag or a Mystery Disc to any order you place. The mystery swag adds $8 to your order with no additional shipping. You’ll then receive mystery items in your package which could include anything from a t-shirt (in a size you indicate) to hats, beanies, mini discs, towels, Sport Sacks, and more. We try to keep a large variety of swag items on hand for adventurous customers who add the Mystery Swag to their order.
The Mystery Disc option costs $12 and will add a mystery disc to your package. As the name implies, these discs are a MYSTERY and can include discs of any style or brand. We do not take requests for specific discs– if you want a specific disc, you can always order it from our website. The Mystery Discs are meant to be a surprise and we often use this feature to introduce new disc models to our customers, but we also include some classic discs from ALL brands in our pool of Mystery Discs.
DO WE SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA?
While shipping overseas is typically an expensive venture, we DO ship discs and other small accessory items outside of the USA. We DO NOT ship large items like bags, backpacks, baskets, etc. outside of the USA. The shipping costs to ship those items often exceed the cost of the items themselves, so we simply cannot do it.
Since we’ve starting using airmail services from DHL, we’ve switched all international shipments to DHL. We have chosen to exclude all ground services from DHL so that we only use their faster airmail services for international delivery, which are faster, more reliable, and significantly less expensive than the US Postal Service.
Another benefit of DHL when shipping outside the USA is that they provide better tracking once the package leaves the USA. You should be able to track your international shipment from our location all the way to your home.
Because of the switch to DHL for international shipments, we have now dropped our prices on international shipping, starting with Canada, Sweden, Finland, and Estonia. We will evaluate and adjust other countries as we go. We’re hoping that this makes Infinite Discs into a dependable and viable option for players outside of the USA.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Infinite Discs has NO control over import taxes / customs taxes in your country. You are responsible to pay customs fees that are charged by your country to receive your package.
TIPS FOR BEST SHIPPING RESULTS
Here are a few simple tips that can make your experience better as you’re placing your order and awaiting the arrival of your package:
- If you need it fast (within the USA), PLEASE select the Priority Upgrade. It may make the day or two difference that you desire.
- If you have a strict deadline, like a tournament, please order your discs sooner, rather than waiting until two days before your tournament. While we do our best to fulfill your order quickly, we cannot do anything to make the mail move more quickly and cannot guarantee that you’ll get your disc by a certain day or certain hour.
- Use a login account when placing your order. Though we send tracking numbers through automatic emails to all customers when orders are shipped, it is VERY simple to create a login. Then you’ll have access to tracking numbers for all of your orders, simply by logging in and clicking on the links. Checking out as a guest does not give you a way to look up you order or tracking after the order it placed.
- If you only want us to use USPS on your order, use the Priority Upgrade. That way, DHL and UPS will not come up as an option on our end. Remember, if ordering large items and large packages your order will be bumped to the top of our shipping queue, but we we will not be able to pay for faster shipping service unless you arrange to pay for the additional (substantially more expensive) shipping costs.
- When shipping items on Saturday, we do not use DHL because they do not pickup on the weekend. So, any order processed on Saturday will go through USPS. Ordering Friday evening means your order will likely ship Saturday.
- We sometimes see customers ordering several times in a single day (or in a single shipping period). In those cases, we usually combine your orders into a single package. That does NOT mean we’ll automatically refund extra shipping costs. It is most cost-effective if you order everything in a single order. If you place multiple orders in a single day and want to inquire about a refund of extra shipping costs, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org because it will not happen automatically.
WHEN TO CONTACT SUPPORT ABOUT YOUR PACKAGE
We are happy to provide quick and helpful support at Infinite Discs. However, when it comes to the delivery of your package, we are not the ones who take it to your home. We count on USPS, DHL, and UPS to take care of that. So, if you are seeing a tracking number and it says something like “package is delayed” or it is simply not moving as fast as you’d like, please keep in mind that contacting us will do nothing to speed it up. Since we don’t handle the delivery, we are powerless to do anything to push the package along once it is no longer in our hands. We have the same tracking information that you do.
Here are some times when it would be helpful to contact email@example.com about your package:
- If you do not receive a tracking number within a day or two after you placed your order, then definitely contact us, because we ship fast. Something might have gone wrong in the transmission of your order through our website, or your email might have been entered incorrectly on the order.
- If you are in the USA and your package has stopped tracking or moving and it has been two weeks, then please contact us. We can put in a claim with the delivery service after two weeks. Until two weeks are past, they just tell us to wait for the package to resurface (delivery services are not perfect, so sometimes they mis-route packages and it takes a while to get back on course).
- If you are outside the USA, then contact us if it has been longer than a month for your package to reach you. Then we can inquire with the delivery service to see what has happened. Sometimes we have to wait even longer before we can file a claim, but we can at least inquire.
- If your package arrives damaged by the delivery, please contact us with photos of the damaged products. Then we can file a claim with the delivery service. The more evidence we have, the better.
In these cases, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take care of your needs. We ALWAYS make things right with our customers, but sometimes we need to go through certain steps or procedures to make sure that claims are filed at the right times, etc.
IF YOUR PACKAGE SAYS “DELIVERED” BUT YOU DON’T SEE IT…
This is one of the frequent concerns that we hear from customers. USPS (US Postal Service) handles the delivery to your door in most cases, and whenever a tracking number says “delivered” it is because somebody working at your local post office scanned your package as delivered. Thankfully, there are GPS coordinates for that scan. If they scanned it, then they can tell you EXACTLY where they scanned it. We do not have access to that information, but your local post office does, so please take a moment to reach out to your local post office (the ones who deliver your mail) with your tracking number and ask them exactly where they scanned the package.
In the vast majority of these cases, the local post office finds out that they either delivered it to the wrong house, or they scanned it at the post office to hold it there, rather than leaving it at your house. In these cases, THEY are obligated to get the package for you, which they usually do right away.
PLEASE NOTE: Infinite Discs will not simply refund your order if it shows as “delivered” unless you have contacted your local post office about it first. The reason for this is simple– we do not deliver the mail, so we can’t tell you what happened, and we can’t afford to refund discs that the post office can easily recover for you if you simply ask them.
If we put in a claim with the post office on OUR end, USPS will simply report back to us that it shows as “delivered” and the package will not be recovered. It takes a little effort on your part to find out where the local post office scanned your package.
Once you have asked your local post office about the location of the delivery scan on your package, and it is not resolved or found, then feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we’ll look into what can be done to remedy the situation.
GENERAL RULE OF THUMB WHEN IT COMES TO SHIPPING
When it comes to shipping, just keep these two things in mind and the experience will be better for you:
- Be Patient. Carrying a package from one place to another takes time. In the vast majority of cases, it works. Delays happen, but they work out.
- If you want it faster, click on the Priority Upgrade during checkout. At least you’ll know that you gave a little turbo boost to your handling and delivery time.
Thanks for shopping at Infinite Discs! Though lengthy, we hope that this detailed explanation of the shipping process helps to answer any question you might have about the delivery of your orders to your door.