Disc Golf Side Arm Driving Technique by Ricky Wysocki
In this disc golf clinic one of the best sidearm throwers in the world, Ricky Wysocki, demonstrates tips he uses to get more distance and accuracy out of forehand/sidearm throws.
Many disc golfers find it easier to get distance out of ‘flick’ throws when they begin playing disc golf, but few disc golfers get a full reach back on their sidearm throws.
In this video, Ricky discusses:
- Proper grip for sidearm power drives.
- Recommended grip for consistent accurate approach shots.
- Alternative grips used by other top pros.
- Full reach back for maximum driving power and distance
- Angle your arm should be at for different types of forehand drives.
- Proper wrist position for hyzer and anhyzer throws
- Sidearm run up (clock technique)
This clinic was filmed and edited by Cassidy Houdeshel.