The first exclusive disc for the Infinite Discs VIP Club has been shipped to the first subscribers, and the online buzz has been fun to watch. Pictures of the disc have shown up and new subscribers have joined in the last few days because of the excitement about the program. So, we’ll add to the noise and go ahead and reveal the first disc in the VIP series, now that most subscribers have it in their hands. Here is a photo of what subscribers received:
The disc is the popular new UNDERTAKER by Discraft in silver Titanium (TI) plastic. It is the first Titanium Undertaker out there, and it is a wonderful overstable control driver. Of course, the stamp is exclusive, designed by Kimbri, who will be working with a lot of the exclusive VIP discs. Discraft also threw in a nice sticker for subscriber’s vehicles.
Also in the initial package to subscribers is a metallic gold VIP bag tag. Each tag is individually numbered. We encourage mutual VIP Club members to challenge other tag holders to friendly games for tag order. Have fun with that! Or, protect your tag if you are skittish about challenges. Regardless, it might be fun to see if you can spot any other VIP players out on the fairways. Or, get your friends who play to join so you can get some VIP club rivalries going with the tag order– that’s what we’re doing here at Infinite Discs (I’m going to win #2 one of these days…you know who you are).
If you are interested in joining the Infinite Discs VIP Club, there are still some spots available before we cap the membership for the next few months. If you join before June 11th, then you’ll still get disc #1 shipped to you automatically as your first disc. After that day (Saturday, June 11th) we will enter into the period for disc #2. So, after that point, you would not automatically receive the silver Titanium Undertaker.
A few people have asked how many of these discs exist. In answer, it is printed on the disc itself. There are 500 of disc #1. We will NOT make more. The fun of the VIP Club is that we’re keeping each disc as limited editions because we want to see the value go up with time. We want the discs in the hands of the collectors and enthusiasts. We want them to be collectible rarities that you can either hang on your wall, or throw on the fairway.
Will the number always be 500? Well…no. We started with a higher number. The next discs will not be as numerous. The future discs will also have the quantity declared on the stamp design.
If you’d like to subscribe right away to make sure you get disc #1, then go to this page and complete the checkout process after selecting your subscription level/location from the drop-down menu and clicking “subscribe”:
Disc #2 in the series will ship to subscribers toward the end of this month. No…we’re not saying what it is. We don’t want to ruin that “Christmas morning” feeling for everybody who will be watching their mail boxes. 😉
There is a new name in the disc golf manufacturing world! Plastic Addicts is here with two hot new discs, the Intervention and the Habit. Plastic Addicts has been one of the top disc golf retailers in the Midwest for several years, and now they are looking to become even more of a household name with their new line of discs.
The Intervention is a nice overstable distance driver that flies fast out of the hand. It glides well, and has a very dependable fade. Bigger arms should have no problem finding a slot for this disc in their bag.
The Habit is a stable to understable putt and approach disc, and it is money. This super wide rimmed disc is possibly the most glidey approach disc I have ever had the pleasure of throwing–and it really is a pleasure. The Habit is smooth out of the hand and goes for days. Already it has been a hot seller, and I think when the word gets out about this disc, we are going to have a hard time keeping it stocked!
One great thing about these Plastic Addicts discs that stood out to me the first time I held one is their plastic. Both the Top Line and the Main Line plastics feel great in the hand. For a company that is just getting started in the manufacturing business, I am very impressed by this first release. We are super excited to see what comes next from the guys at Plastic Addicts!
Media Marty of the PDGA sent us the following article, and encouraged us to share it on our blog. We were more than happy to share a post concerning such an important cause. Please read and consider ways that you can help the disc golf and St. Jude in this wonderful partnership!
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the PDGA urges you and your friends to join us as we pursue our partnership in supporting the kids of St. Jude. It’s that time of year when disc golf is seen “in giving color” and we need you and your club to become part of this effort! It’s totally FREE to join (unless you are actually competing in the tournament)
By helping the kids of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, you will be honoring our sport and helping it immensely. Join the PDGA in helping fulfill St. Jude’s unique mission in the fight against childhood cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. Be part of the answer — St. Jude is a place of hope where no family ever receives a bill for treatment, travel, housing, or food.
Individual Fundraising Incentive Items
The St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational event committee is excited to announce these fantastic incentives that are available to every fundraiser. As you’ll see, the more you raise for the kids, the more great stuff you’ll get.
*prizes are subject to change
Special thanks to Wright Life for providing gift certificates that may be redeemed for anything in their online store, including a great selection of disc golf products.
Important Note: Fundraising will continue through June 30th 2016, a full month after the tournament so you have even more time to ask your friends and family to support the kids of St. Jude! We’ll send all of your incentives in July.
Create Your Fundraising Team Today
Together. Everyone. Achieves. More.
Create a fundraising team with friends and members from your club. Encourage your fellow disc golfers to join you in promoting the sport we love by fundraising for the kids of St. Jude. Go to our event page at stjude.org/discgolf, click “Become a Fundraiser” and start a team today.
As you’ve seen, there are terrific incentive items for all fundraisers. Beyond that, special items are now available for top performing teams/clubs and their captains.
Form Teams + Raise Money = Win Prizes
Above and beyond the incentive items available to all fundraisers, the St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational event committee has put together a list of additional prizes for next week’s Bang The Chains – Team Challenge. Listed below, are the contests and prizes that will be awarded each day of next week. Each prize drawing will occur on the following day and the winner(s) will be announced on the St. Jude Disc Golf Facebook page and notified via email.
If you haven’t signed up and started a fundraising team, do it now! Become a Team Captain and start recruiting!!
Bang The Chains – Team Challenge
All times shown below are in Pacific Daylight Time.
Monday, April 25: Build Your Team!
For each fundraising team member you’ve signed up, before midnight April 25, the Team Captain will be entered in a drawing to win a $50 Southwest Airlines gift card plus a set of three (3) Inaugural St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational golf discs (2015 collector’s item). 20 members = 20 chances to win!
Tuesday, April 26: Get The Word Out!
Every Team Captain, whose team uses the St. Jude fundraising tools to send out at least 20 emails (between midnight, April 25 and midnight, April 26) will be entered in a drawing to win a set of three (3) Inaugural St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational golf discs. (2015 Collector’s item)
Wednesday, April 27: Donation Sensation!
The Team that receives the highest number of individual online donations (between midnight, April 26 and midnight, April 27) will win a portable 6’x6′ disc golf warm-up net, courtesy of Rukket Sports ($130 value) plus a St. Jude Golf Flag, signed by all of the 2016 St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational winners.
Thursday, April 28: No One Left Behind!
Team Captains who at midnight April 28 have no members with $0 (zero!) funds raised, (minimum 5 team members) will be entered in a drawing to win a St. Jude Golf Flag signed by all of the 2016 St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational winners.
Friday, April 29: Raise The Roof!
The Team that raises the most money during this 5-day program will win a custom set of DG Magnetics for 18 baskets, courtesy of DG Magnetics ($365 value) plus a full set of 6 St. Jude Unity Discs signed by all the 2016 winners. (Courtesy of DGA, Gateway, Innova, Legacy, Prodigy, and Vibram)
Get Your Unity Discs While You Still Can
For the first time in recent history, manufacturers have agreed to put their competitors’ names on their own discs, uniting their efforts to raise as much money as possible for this amazing organization. They all know how important this effort is.
DGA, Gateway Disc Sports, Innova Disc Golf, Legacy Discs, Prodigy Disc, and Vibram Disc Golf have all teamed up to produce rare runs on premium plastics available online for $20 each. Full set’s for $120. Get them while they last!
Do you have ideas and feedback that would help make an incredible disc golf website and mobile app? Have you wanted a new bag, basket, shoes, discs, or disc golf cart but don’t have excess cash pay for it? Here’s your chance to earn Infinite Bucks by helping us BETA Test our new mobile app and courses features.
To earn Infinite Gift Certificates, all you need to do is create an Infinite Profile and start earning Infinite Points.
- 500 Infinite Points = $5 Infinite Bucks
- 1,000 Infinite Points = $10 Infinite Bucks
- 2,000 Infinite Points = $20 Infinite Bucks
- 100,000 Infinite Points = $100 Infinite Bucks
In addition, the top three point earners (points earned only during the month of May) will earn additional prizes.
- 1st Prize $200 Infinite Bucks
- 2nd Prize $150 Infinite Bucks
- 3rd Prize $100 Infinite Bucks
How do I Earn Infinite Points?
Infinite Points are earned by contributing to our site. Earn points by:
- Adding Courses
- Adding Layouts
- Reviewing Courses
- Adding Favorite Discs
- Updating course conditions
- Reviewing Discs
- Recording Scores
- Referring Friends
- Upload Course Maps and Pictures
To be eligible for a gift card, your profile must be complete (including a picture, short bio, favorite discs, and favorite courses), and you must earn at least 1 point from each of the following categories by May 31st:
- Profile Creation
- Add Course
- Review Course
- Add Layout
- Play Rounds
- Rate Course
- Top Discs Used
- Update Course Conditions
- Review Discs
*Only points earned during the month of May qualify. Please read the instructions fully before you begin adding courses and scores.
How do I redeem the prizes I’ve earned?
Gift cards will be automatically sent out to all qualified beta testers by June 15th. You just need to make sure that your email address on your profile is complete.
After you receive the gift card code, you can order any item we offer on InfiniteDiscs.com
This site is awesome, why are you giving away gift cards when I would do this stuff anyways?
Our goal is to make this the best resource for recreational disc golf play. For our course directory and ratings system to be successful, we need courses and layouts entered. Who better to enter courses than the locals who play them? For our site to have the true value we want, we need you to help us out. Us offering an incentive will help the data to be more complete and get populated faster.
To become a beta tester and receive a FREE copy of the mobile app when available for your device, fill out this form.
Stay up to date with all our new features at InfiniteDiscGolf.com
It is only March and disc golf season is in full swing, or shall I say flight? Recently a series of bag releases has us excited around the office. New innovative bag offerings from both Dynamic Discs, Innova, and Prodigy are poised to add many new options to the already rapidly growing disc golf bag scene.
Dynamic Discs Ranger H2O
Dynamic Discs released their Ranger H2.0 and Sniper Backpacks two weeks ago, and after a few test rounds with each we are extremely impressed with these new designs. The Ranger H2.0’s disc notches in the bottom of the heavy duty weather ready bag are truly very nice innovations, as discs stay anchored in their spots as the wearer moves around to their lie. New features like this combined with things like the rain hood and water proof material making up the bottom of the bag definitely come together into a backpack loaded with value, without adding much of any weight to the original Ranger Backpack.
Dynamic Discs Sniper Backpack
The new line of Sniper Backpacks from Dynamic are no less impressive, coming in at a $69.99 price point without sacrificing the comfort that is a huge selling point of larger backpack bags. The Sniper is still tall enough that it does not look like a child’s backpack, like some other low-cost backpacks seem to. With a capacity of 16 discs in the main compartment the user has plenty of options while on the course. The Sniper keeps to Dynamic’s tradition of bags that hold plenty of discs within a comfortable and non-encumbering profile.
Much like the Dynamic Discs Sniper Backpack, the Innova Heropack comes in at a low price point, right at $89.99. The Heropack is a wider backpack that can hold 25 discs in the main compartment, and it features two easy to access putter pockets as well. Notably, the Heropack comes in a very wide variety of colors and patterns, the fan favorite so far being the green plaid option. The Heropack is a great option for anyone looking for a high-capacity low-cost backpack.
Prodigy Pro BP-1
Prodigy’s Pro BP-1 has just been revamped in time for the Spring 2016 season, featuring new colors and a rain cover for the early season rain. Keeping with the idea of bags to keep you prepared, Prodigy also released their Practice Bag, a large duffel-like bag that holds 45 drivers or 30 putters. This bag is perfect for carrying around large quantities of discs for field throwing or just casual practice rounds.
Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack
Most recently, Dynamic officially released their newest member to their growing family of high-quality bags, the Commander Backpack. Coming in at a price point right between the Ranger H2.0 and the Sniper, the Commander is a wider backpack that can hold 20 discs in its main disc compartment, and comes with all of the convenient pockets and putter holders. For $119.99, this bag is the ultimate combination of quality and affordability.
These are all great options if you are looking to upgrade your bag as the season picks up. You can stick with your current bag manufacturer, or try something new out. All that really matters is that you go play!
***This post discusses the discs released last year in 2016. If you’re looking for discs released this year, you’ll want to check out this post***
The Disc Golf Manufacturers have wasted no time this year releasing new discs and products. Here is our list of discs that have been released by the major disc manufacturers in 2016.
- Thrill – The Axiom Thrill is an overstable workhorse driver in Axioms 21.5mm distance class.
- Sail – Understable easy to throw driver. For newer players
- Pipeline – The Pipeline is a control driver that is slightly more overstable than the Sail. Flight wise, this disc has been compared with the Innova Teebird.
Both of DGA’s 2016 additions have been well received. These are both excellent drivers that are recommend for disc golfers of all skill levels.
- PDX – The Discmania PDX is a new power driver that is currently released as a fundraising disc for the Disc Golf World Tour. This is an overstable driver that is described as a cross between the PD and DDX. Discmania gives this disc the flight ratings 11/4/0/3.
- DDX – The Discmania DDX has been one of our hottest selling discs of 2016. This driver, described as a less overstable Destroyer goes the distance.
- Undertaker – The undertaker is a stable control driver that has proved to be one of Discrafts most popular new releases ever. This disc is used by professional disc golfer Nate Doss and was the first release in our VIP Club.
- Thrasher – The Discraft Thrasher is a slightly understable high speed driver that gives average players maximum distance. This disc is currently available in Elite Z plastic and has been another hot seller of late summer.
- BUZZZ GT – The Groove Top Buzzz is a unique disc that was produced exclusively to Infinite Discs to sell as fundraiser for the 2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open.
Surprisingly, Dynamic Discs has yet to release a new mold this year. We do know that they have several new discs that will be out at some time in 2016. DD also has some new backpacks; the Ranger H2O and Sniper have already been released while the Commander is coming soon.
- Defender – Overstable High Speed Distance Driver that arrived as part of GBO players packs
- EMAC Truth – This is a retooled more overstable version of the popular Dynamic Discs Truth.
- Gavel – Easy to Throw Putter available in base Prime plastic. This will likely be the disc used in future DD starter sets. It has the same basic feel of the Judge but will be more understable and found in lighter weights.
- Marshal – The DD Marshal is the putter that was used in this years Trilogy Challenge. For the Challenge it was available in Prime plastic but now it is also available in Classic Blend.
- Proof – This will be an Easy to Throw understable midrange and likely part of future DD starter sets.
Innova hasn’t wasted much time with the release of new discs in 2016. They have already released several discs and will soon be releasing a few more that have already been PDGA approved.
- Colossus – This is the first Speed 14 driver in the Innova Line. It is a stable/overstable driver for most players and is currently available in GSTar plastic.
- Stud – The Stud is slightly more overstable brother of the popular low profile Innova Colt putter. The Colt was one of our most popular Innova discs last year. The Stud is currently available in Innova DX plastic.
- Commander – The Commander is a unique very overstable midrange with a flight described as a midrange version of the firebird.
- Mirage – The Innova Mirage is a very understable approach disc that is great for beginners. This is also a good disc for turnover shots.
- Mystere – The Mystere is a distance driver that has not yet been released for retail sale, but was available as players pack items in several Innova sponsored tournaments. Members of our tester team were able to try it out.
- Savant – Like the Mystere, the Savant also has only been available in players packs. You can check out the video review of it here.
- Shryke – Innova kept the distance driver Shryke a secret for a while, and we didn’t even know about it until it was announced available for us to purchase. This new distance driver has flight ratings of 13/6/-2/2 and is supposed to be somewhere between the Dominatar and the Groove in terms of flight.
Latitude 64 has already released two drivers and a midrange this year. This surely won’t be all as they have several other discs in the works.
- Compass – Stable midrange disc.
- Cutlass – Overstable high speed driver.
- Culvern – Overstable control driver.
- Falchion – The Latitude 64 Falchion will be released as the Trilogy Challenge driver. This is described as a straight flying fairway driver with a light end of flight fade.
- Knight – The Latitude 64 Knight is a super consistent overstable driver.
- Enemy – The Enemy is another disc that was announced last year, that has been highly anticipated by Legacy fanatics. The Enemy is a very overstable driver with high speed and overstability. It’s supposed to be Legacy’s version of the Firebird and a weapon for headwinds and will be available in multiple plastics.
- Aquarius – The Aquarius is a new speed 10 floating driver. This disc is available in an extra stiff grippy plastic (similar to the plastic used in the Innova Wahoo) and will give you all kinds of confidence when you have to throw over standing bodies of water.
MVP continues to release a good number of new disc models each year. In 2016 they have given us:
- Energy – The Energy is the most overstable disc in MVP’s 23mm class.
- Catalyst – The Catalyst is a distance bomber that even players without big arms can utilize for big distance.
- Spin – Understable putter that will be released as part of the MVP Circuit players pack in Electron plastic.
- Signal – This is a VERY understable fairway driver that was used as part of the Circuit players pack. This is a fantastic disc for new players.
- A3 – The Prodigy A3 is said to fill the gap between a midrange and putter. This is still an overstable disc, but just not quite as overstable as the A1. It is consistent and reliable in all wind conditions and perfect for trick shots and approach shots.
- A4 – The A4 is another unique approach disc with a perfectly flat top and unique thick rim.
- D6 – The Prodigy D6 is a thick rim understable distance driver that is supposed to be a good roller disc.
- Onyx – The Onyx is the last disc that appears on the Vibram flight chart. This is supposed a very beginner friendly understable driver, and unlike the Valley, Vamp, Notch and Arch, wasn’t released last year. The Onyx has been a big seller for us for new players, especially for in store sales.
- It’s also rumored that Vibram will release some new midrange discs this year.
- Catapult – High Speed Overstable Driver
- Destiny – The destiny is a High Speed, High Glide, slightly understable distance driver. Many disc golfers have selected the Destiny as their new choice for maximum distance on the wide open field.
- Longbowman – Stable/Overstable Control Driver
- The Sling – The Westside Sling is a stable flying midrange that was released in Tournament plastic as part of the Trilogy Challenge. It is now available in VIP plastic.
In addition to new discs, Westside is also planning on releasing discs with GPS technology and an additional midrange disc ”
Do you know of other releases that have, or will soon be coming out in 2016? Comment below and let us know what other new disc molds will be available this year.
Innova has just announced a colossal release. Their first speed 14 distance driver, the Colossus, will be shipped to retailers on January 18th.
The Innova Colossus will be initially released in GStar plastic. A limited number of first run stamped discs are available now for pre-order. Each retailer is only allowed 25 proto star discs, and there will likely be very few available after pre-order sales conclude.
Infinite Discs is scheduled to receive and ship out the Colossus to those who pre-order on January 20th.
In addition to the Colossus, Innova also announced the release of several other popular discs in new plastic types including the DX Ape, DX Roc3, GStar Leopard3 and Star Leopard3,