Discraft experimented with Full Foil discs a couple of years ago, covering the entire top of some discs with the foil that is generally used in stamping stock or custom stamps. This year, in 2018, Discraft unleashed their Full Foil Supercolor stamps in earnest, really giving the look a push during the Ledgestone Open tournament. They successfully put a full color image onto the foil itself, and then press the entire foil sheet with the image over the top of the disc. It’s a cool new look for disc art, though still a bit on the pricey side.
The Buzzz was the obvious first target for Full Foil releases, and there have been several fun designs released with the shiny look. Plus, there are three different base foils that have been used: Plain Prism, Star, and Sparkle. So, you can go for a smoother foil look with plain, or go for sparkly foil or little star patterns in your foil– none of which has a negative effect on the color image that is part of the foil itself.
There have been a fun variety of Full Foil Supercolor Buzzz images released now, including a series of zombie discs, a series of retro bees, and the new Halloween stamp for 2018. Here are some examples:
Infinite Discs released the first Full Foil Supercolor edition of the awesome mid-range, the COMET as the featured monthly VIP CLUB disc in September 2018. It featured a great T-Rex image on all three foil types (plain, sparkle, and star). There were only 600 made for the VIP Club members.
It will be fun to watch as new Full Foil Supercolor discs are added to the Discraft lineup, and to see what else Discraft comes up with, in terms of artwork approaches. They’ve always been an innovator with their plastics and their use of foils and full color artwork.
We’d like to welcome two new Pro players to Team Infinite! Plus we’re happy to announce two additional pros from Innova’s team who will have signature editions of Infinite Discs. First, let’s meet the two new team members:
Garrett Gurthie is making his big comeback to the professional disc golf touring season in 2018 and has already made a strong showing in several tournaments. You can follow his tournament results HERE.
Garrett has already had a signature edition of the Infinite Discs PHAROAH on 100 of the first run discs. As soon as the second run is available, we’ll have a lot more with a cool signature stamp for Garrett!
Plus, we’re working with Garrett and Innova to bring back a signature edition of the max weight SONIC which is a classic putt and approach disc that uses minimal effort to glide through tight fairways right into the chains. Check out an example by clicking HERE.
NICOLE “PICKLE” DIONISIO
Infinite Discs will be working with Pickle to bring future signature discs to the market that are as fun as she is. Watch for signature discs down the road!
We’re also happy to announce that two members of INNOVA’s team are including Infinite Disc models in their bags and will soon have signature discs available!
You can already get your hands on Innova’s player support Swirly Star Shryke from Innova to help support her efforts on tour. She is a member of Innova’s Star team. Plus, the Infinite Discs store will soon stock four other popular Innova models which Jessica loves to throw, all with her own signature stamp design, so you can help her out while buying some great discs for your own bag. Watch for Star Destroyers, Star Wraiths, Champion Thunderbirds, and KC Pro Avairs coming soon!
Jessica will also have a signature edition of the Infinite Discs CHARIOT once we get to the second run!
Alex is now putting with the Infinite Discs MYTH and will have his own signature edition as part of the first run in P-Blend plastic! Watch for that to show up this summer and pick it up to support his future touring plans. He is a member of Innova’s Champion team.
And we’d like to give a big hand to our Team Infinite CAPTAIN who has done some great work to build this year’s team and to pull together a great bunch of players from all over, and at all skill levels. Special thanks goes out to…
Kesler Martin works full-time at Infinite Discs but likes to get away from the desk job to play tournaments as much as possible. You can follow his tournament results HERE.
Kesler continues to run and coordinate Team Infinite and we hope that he continues to rise in the rankings and make great showings in tournaments. As an artist, we know that he already has a bunch of signature disc designs that he’s ready to unleash on the world, once he unleashes his disc golf fame. But he’s already a champion at work. He is also a member of Innova’s Ambassador team.
For more information on what’s up with Team Infinite, follow our team blog here.
DISCRAFT has just released a couple of new discs and has also unleashed a whole new look with their disc catalog. Most notably, the newer runs of their most popular discs now come with the 4-digit flight rating system that has been adopted by most disc golf brands, large and small. Discraft had kept a single digit stability rating for years, but has finally opted to give not only their rating, but the 4-digit variety for those players who believe that it better represents the complete flight characteristics of the disc. We applaud this move!
First you’ll see the four digits which equate to speed / glide / turn / fade, followed by a fifth number which is the old-school Discraft flight number. So now players who like one system or the other can have both for easy reference.
They’ve also given their Titanium plastic a new look with a large, attractive two-color stamp as their regular stock stamp.
While they’ve always had quality discs and great plastic blends, this new look and the effort to conform to the expectations of the growing disc golf market really raises the appeal for the Discraft brand.
According to Discraft, the new Titanium plastic is also an improved blend with greater durability, improved strength, and better grip. So, not only should you see the difference, you should feel it in the plastic as well.
Here is a list of discs that are already released with the new Titanium, plus a few that are coming soon:
Archer (coming this spring)
BuzzzSS (coming this spring)
Challenger (coming this spring)
Comet (coming this spring)
On top of the new Titanium, Discraft is also unleashing the new, more attractive ESP Plastic blend with more swirls and decorative effect. They also say that the plastic is now more durable and grippy, but most consumers will instantly notice the added beauty and the unique look to each disc.
Here is another list of the discs that are already released in the new ESP plus some that are coming later this spring:
Archer (coming this spring)
Avenger SS (coming this spring)
Buzzz SS (coming this spring)
Buzzz OS (coming this spring)
Challenger (coming this spring)
Comet (coming this spring)
CrankSS (coming this spring)
Flick (coming this spring)
Impact (coming this spring)
Mantis (coming this spring)
Meteor (coming this spring)
Nuke (coming this spring)
NukeOS (coming this spring)
Surge (coming this spring)
BIG Z VULTURE – Now Available!
The Vulture is now released on Big Z plastic with a very cool, large stamp. The Vulture is an overstable fairway driver that has a bit less fade than the Predator, with excellent control and the ability to fight moderate headwinds. Pros and less experienced players will appreciate the shot-shaping and consistency of the Vulture.
These are the flight numbers for the Vulture:
- Speed: 9.0
- Glide: 4.0
- Turn: 0.0
- Fade: 2.0
The traditional Discraft flight number is 1.7
BIG Z STING – Now Available!
The Sting was released as the 2017 Ace Race disc. This understable driver provides long glide and more distance for newer disc golfers. The Sting is easy to control for short to medium range drives.
These are the flight numbers for the Sting:
- Speed: 6.0
- Glide: 5.0
- Turn: -2.0
- Fade: 1.0
The traditional Discraft flight number is 0.0
Discraft also released the 10th Anniversary Zone in both Elite Z with a traditional hot stamp, plus a Z Supercolor. There were just over 2000 of the hot stamp made, and just over 1000 of the colored version. They’ve been hot sellers.
Watch for more from Discraft!
***Post Updated August 27,2018***
This post will help keep you up to date with all the latest discs that have been, or will soon be introduced in 2018.
Axiom is releasing their first ultra wide rimmed drivers the Excite and Tantrum. The disc Tantrum was made available on March 23rd while the Excite will be released on April 20th.
- Tantrum – The Axiom Tantrum is a straight stable with a sharp end of flight fade and a 24.5cm rim. This new distance driver goes very far.
- Excite – The Axiom Excite is very similar to the Tantrum with a thick 24.5cm rim. The Excite is said to be slightly more understable than the Tantrum.
Discmania hasn’t yet released any new discs in 2018, but there are a few known discs we are expecting. The PDGA has approved a retool of the FD2 and the MD5 was PDGA approved at the end of march.:
- PDX – The Discmania PDX is a power driver that was released as a fundraising disc for the Disc Golf World Tour. It was finally released in a stock stamp at the beginning of 2018. 11/4/0/3
- MD5 – The Discmania MD5 is a new midrange disc coming soon!
Discraft released the Vulture as part of player packs for the 2018 Memorial Challenge. The 2017 Ace Race disc has also been given a name as the Sting. These will be released to retailers sometime in the near future.
- Vulture – The Vulture is described as less overstable Predator with more glide. This new disc should be available soon.
- Sting – Discraft gives the Sting a Stability rating of 0. At our Ace Race, most players found it to be quite understable with a significant high speed turn.
DGA recently had an overstable fairway driver, the Banzai PDGA approved.
- Banzai – The DGA Banzai is a very overstable control driver. It’s described as a more OS Pipeline. 8/4/0/3
- Tempest – The DGA Tempest is a high speed understable driver that is supposed to provide max distance for intermediate players. Flight ratings 13//5/-3/2
Dynamic Discs has at least four discs in the works. The Maverick, Getaway, and Captain will all be available in early Spring. The Patrol will initially be released as part of the Trilogy Challenge. The Dynamic Discs Maverik and Captain have a scheduled release date of March 30th.
New 2018 Dynamic Discs:
- Patrol – The Patrol is a beginner friendly ultra understable midrange. This disc was released as part of the Trilogy Challenge and will be available for retailers sometime this fall. 5/5/-3/1
- Maverick – The DD Maverick is a controllable speed fairway driver designed for woods and low ceiling shots. 7/4/-1.5-2
- Getaway – The Getaway is another fairway driver that is said to be the big brother of the popular Escape. 9/5/-0.5/3
- Captain – The Captain is an all purpose Distance Driver that can provide massive distance for experienced players, but isn’t so overstable as to be unusable by the average Joe. 13/5/-2/2
Full turn has two new drivers the Cruise and the Voyage.
- Cruise – The Cruise is a high speed driver with a 2.3cm rim width. 13/5/-2/3
- Voyage – The Voyage is another high speed direr with a feel similar to the Cruise. In terms of flight, the Voyage has a little more high speed stability than the cruise. 13/5/0/3
Gateway has already released a new midrange, the Prophecy. As always, they continue to release the popular Wizard putter in new exciting plastic blends.
- Prophecy – Slightly overstable Midrange. 5/5/0/2
The Hyzerbomb Sabot is an overstable midrange very similar to the Infinite Discs Slab but with a more domey top.
Well the big news for Infinite Discs in 2018 is that we’ve partnered with Innova to introduce our own disc line. This line consists of modified existing Innova molds, expired molds, and new plastic blends. We’ve wasted no time getting our brand of discs out there and currently have eight discs released or in production. All eight of our new molds should be available by the beginning of summer.
- Exodus – The Exodus is a stable flying fairway driver with the flight of a beat in TeeBird. 7/5/-0.5/2
- Chariot – The Chariot is a stable midrange. It is very similar to the Mako3, but has a small microbead that makes it substantially more stable. 5/5/0/1
- Pharaoh – The Pharaoh is a distance bomber. This disc has the height of the Destroyer but a slightly thicker rim and a flight path more similar to the Discmania DDx. Stock run Pharaoh’s will be available by the end of March. 13/6/-1/2
- Myth – The Myth combines the elements of our top selling putters. It’s top is similar to the Discmania P2 but it has a bead on the edge of the rim which makes it more similar to the Gateway Wizard or Dynamic Discs Judge. The Myth will be available in April.
- Sphinx – The Sphinx is an understable fairway driver that glides for days. We had this driver manufactured specifically for beginners. This is the first disc that will be featured in our new “Infinite” I-Blend plastic. This is an affordable blend that maintains the great feel of soft star plastic but at a more affordable price. The stock run of the Sphinx will be available in April.
- Tomb – The Tomb is a flat top, low profile putt and approach disc. The bottom mold is very similar to the Innova Colt while the top is completely flat. This disc is surprising straight flying, but is stable enough that it is still great for forehand approach shots. The Tomb should be available in May.
- Slab – The Slab brings home the beef. This thing is ridiculously overstable. It is similar to Innova’s Max mold, but has an almost completely flat top. The Slab should be available in June.
- Anubis – This is a straight flying slightly understable midrange that is very similar to the Innova Coyote. This last disc in our new line should be available by early summer.
Innova has been pretty quiet about the new releases thus far this year. At the Las Vegas Challenge they released the Rat and from their product catalog we know a disc called the Caiman is in the works.
- Rat – The Rat is a stable flat top approach disc that is supposed to be similar to the Westside Harp or Discraft Zone. The Rat will be available for retail sales on March 14th. 4/2/0/3
- Caiman – A new very overstable midrange beadless midrange similar to the Hyzerbomb Mortar. 5.5/2/0/4
Latitude 64 has already released a driver, midrange, and putter this year. They continue to pump out lots of new molds in Sweden and there will surely be many more to come in 2017.
- Ballista Pro – The Ballista Pro is said to have a great combination of speed, stability and glide; perfect for all kinds of distance shots. 14/4/0/3
- Explorer – The Explorer fairway driver is Ricky Wysocki’s new signature disc. This is the classic stable control driver that with TeeBird flight ratings that Trilogy fans have been asking for for years. 7/5/0/2
- Fuji – The Latitude 64 Fuji is the fourth double mold disc in Latitude’s line. It was PDGA appproved on January 29th and became available in early spring. Rumor has it that Latitued will no longer be running their overmold discs, so if you like them, you may want to get a few backups now.
Soon to Come:
- Saxon – The Saxon is a fairway driver, and according to the Dynamic Discs product catalog, was supposed to be Latitude 64’s contribution to the Trilogy Challenge.
- Musket – This is a fairway driver that was part of this years Trilogy Challenge. We don’t know anything else about it, but it will likely be released in Lucid plastic and will be a pretty neutral driver.
The crew at Legacy discs has come up with a very overstable midrange called the Pursuit. This mid will fight the wind and always finish with a dumping fade.
Soon to Come:
We aren’t sure when they will actually come, but Legacy has had PDGA approved too other midrange discs; the Recluse (4/3/0/4) and the Vandal (4/5/0/2). These new mids may not actually be available until 2019.
As always, MVP is sure to have a large assortment of new plastic types and limited edition stamps to feed the collector frenzy. For actual new disc molds, the Deflector is currently the only disc we know of that is currently in the works.
- Deflector – The MVP Deflector is a thin rimmed fairway driver. This is an overstable utility disc way more overstable than the Matrix, but we really don’t have any official word on this disc yet.
- Entropy – The MVP entropy is a disc rumored to be a very overstable putter.
Ozone discs has a new distance driver, the Hyperion.
- Hyperion – This is a very overstable utility driver. 11/3/0/4
Prodigy is releasing new versions of their “H” series discs. They have already released their H3 V2 which has been very popular. Unlike the last H series, this version is supposed to be more traditional discs molds with rim widths between the F series and the X series. We expect to receive the new H5, an understable hybrid driver with a moderate rim. Look for special Utah Open additions of Toothese new Prodigy molds coming soon.
- H1 V2 – This retooled version of the super overstable H1 has a sharper rim which provides more speed, glide, and distance. The Prodigy H1 V2 will be available March 29th.
- H3 V2 – The second version of the H3 is a straight flying moderate rimmed distance driver. 11/5/-1/2
- H5 – The new Prodigy H5 is supposed to be an understable easy to fly driver.
Too much excitement, Streamline Discs has released two new affordable golf discs this year.
- Drift – The drift is a glidey straight flying fairway driver that is an excellent bag addition to players of all skill level.
- Runway – Streamline released the ultra overstable midrange the Runway. This disc is similar to the MVP Deflector in flight.
While Vibram won’t be making any new discs, they have made the disc golf news by declaring that they will cease disc golf operations in 2018. If you’re a Vibram fan, let not your heart be troubled as we still have a healthy stock of all the most popular Vibram molds and will be getting a large shipment from their last run.
Viking Discs has three new discs that will be in stock at Infinite by the end of March. They include:
- Valhalla – The Valhalla is a stable distance driver that supposedly provides more distance with less effort. 12/5/0/2
- Barbarian – The Barbarian is looks to be the standard workhorse fairway driver. 7/5/0/2
- Loki – The Loki is a VERY overstable midrange that is pretty similar to the Dynamic Discs Justice. 4/2/0/4
Westside will soon release three new discs:
- Anvil– The Anvil is a super overstable utility midrange that should be similar to the DD Justice. This Westside Anvil will be available on May 25th. 4/4/0/4
- Maiden – The Westside maiden is a low profile putt and approach disc that was released during the Trilogy Challenge. It will be available this fall. Flight ratings 3/4/0/1
- Warhorse – The Warhorse was designed as a high speed driver to handle strong winds. The Westside Warhourse will be available for retail sale on May 25th. 13/4/0/4
Yikun has a new midrange the Kui, a Distance Driver the Lu, and a new triple mold disc the “Twin Swords”. It looks like Yikun is taking a new approach to try and actually do something new.
- Kui – Overstable midrange 5/5/0/2.5
- Lu – High Speed Overstable driver 14/5 -1/3
- Twin Swords – This unique “triple mold” disc is a stable flying distance driver with a unique rim. 12/5/-1/2.5
Do you know of other new discs that aren’t yet included in this post? Please let us know about them in the comment section below and we will add them to our list.
PRIZES and WINNERS!
We’d like to thank the disc golf manufacturers that contributed prizes to the State of Disc Golf 2018 Survey. If you haven’t had a chance to take the survey yet, please do so. That way you can share your voice about the game of disc golf and quality yourself for the prize drawings at the completion of the survey. You can go directly to the survey HERE.
These are the prize contributors that have helped Infinite Discs to promote the survey:
DISCMANIA provided a stack of new GLOW C-LINE FD3 discs as prizes for several survey participants.
PRODIGY DISC has provided a variety of Prodigy branded accessories for winning survey participants.
GATEWAY DISC SPORTS has provided a variety of discs as prizes for winning survey participants.
Some of the prizes provided will be given away while the survey is in progress, encouraging more participation from the disc golf community. FOLLOW INFINITE DISCS ON FACEBOOK for your best chance to win those prizes as the survey continues.
After the 2018 survey is complete and it is closed, we will do a random drawing of the participants to select the winners for the remaining prizes. We contact the winners through email, so be sure to include a valid email in the survey in case you win one of the prizes.
Thanks for participating in the survey, and thanks to the quality disc golf brands for providing excellent prize support!
We are looking to expand our team for 2018!
Are you a fan of the Infinite Discs brand? Are you a good example in the disc golf community? Do you regularly play in or promote disc golf tournaments? Are you active in online disc golf communities? Are you a really good disc golfer who would like more perks for mastering the game?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, you may be eligible for our team.
We are looking for disc golfers all over the United States that will help us promote Infinite Discs and the sport of disc golf. You don’t need to be a 1000+ rated professional to apply, we also want enthusiastic amateurs, tournament directors and other ambassadors of the sport.
What does it mean to be on Team Infinite?
Well, for one, it means you are awesome. We are building a sponsorship based on reciprocal exchange, sort of a “You scratch our back, we’ll scratch yours.” The perks you receive will be based on how well you promote our brand.
- Signing Bonus (subject to change): “Team Infinite” Shirt, Infinite Stamped discs, hat, bag tag, towels, and mini marker discs.
- A personalized 5% discount code, which you can share with your friends, family and those you meet on the course.
- Large Discounts on personal purchases.
- Extra help and sponsorship from Infinite Discs when you run leagues and tournaments.
- Member of the TEAM Facebook page where you interact with other team members and can provide input and insight on new products and news happening at Infinite Discs.
- Potential Paid Tournament registrations for accomplishing goals.
- Renewal Bonus– TBD. There will be additional perks if you fulfill our requirements and continue being an Infinite sponsored player after re-evaluation.
- Have an up-to-date Infinite Profile. This includes posting scores, writing course and disc reviews, and helping test our app as we continue to update and improve it. Please do not submit a team application until your Infinite Profile is updated (make sure to include a picture and detailed biography).
- You must participate in at least 12 disc golf events each year including: PDGA events, unsanctioned tournaments, instructional clinics, or anything else where you will be able to interact with a large number of fellow disc golfers.
- Take pictures at your disc golf events and post them on social media. Use the hash tags #TeamInfinite and #InfiniteDiscs. It’s fun to see what all of our team members are up to! Take pictures of scenery, great shots, your group, or other Team Infinite members.
- You cannot post your discount code publicly or share online. We understand that you may not be able to control what others do with your code, so we won’t punish you if it gets publicized. If we do find a discount code posted online, we will destroy the code and issue you a new one.
- Represent the sport in a professional manner. We hope that you will know what this means, but if you’re worried or have any questions, contact the team captain(s) for more information.
- Interact with our social media pages– Share on Facebook, comments on our posts, re-tweet, etc. when it makes sense to do so. The more you interact with our marketing efforts, the more it benefits us and helps your friends to see that you are part of Team Infinite.
Do I qualify for Team Infinite?
The main things we are looking for:
- Role models in the disc golf community who actively work to grow disc golf.
- Regular participation in disc golf events and tournaments.
- Social media presence
- Willingness to promote Infinite Discs
It also helps (but is not required) if you have some skills on the disc golf course and regularly place well in tournaments.
We want our team to be full of disc golfers from all walks of life, from all over the country, and of all sorts of ages and skill levels.
With Christmas drawing near, we have a lot of customers who want to know if their package will arrive by Christmas.
Our staff at Infinite Discs is doing all we can to ensure that your package will arrive by December 25th. All orders in by 4:30 PM MST, are shipped out the same day. With that said, we have to rely on the different parcel carriers for the actual delivery. Here are some guidelines for the last days you will want to order different items, if you want to make sure* they arrive before Christmas. Remember, Christmas is on Monday this year, so you’ll want to plan for delivery by Saturday the 23th at the latest.
Safe Order Deadline to arrive by Christmas: Saturday, December 16th.
For small packages (2 or less discs), towels, accessories, mini’s, etc. weighing less than 13oz, the USPS guideline is 2-5 days. Assuming the worst and a 5 day delivery time, unless you make a Priority mail upgrade you will want to make sure your order is in by 4:30 on Friday, December 16th.
Note, you can pay extra for the “Priority Upgrade” to ship any Priority Mail. In these cases, follow the medium Sized Packages guidelines.
Safe Order Deadline: Tuesday, December 19th
For Medium sized packages 3-11 discs we automatically ship USPS priority mail. Priority Mail delivery time is typically 2-3 days. Orders in by 4:30 on Wednesday, December 21st, should arrive by Christmas. However, to be on the safe side, in case of any USPS handling errors or delays, you should plan to have these orders in by Tuesday, December 19th.
Safe Order Deadline: Friday, December 15th
Large packages including baskets, backpacks, and 11+ discs are typically shipped UPS ground, which can take up to a week to arrive depending on your location and proximity to Utah. It’s also important to know that for many of these products are delivered directly from the manufacturer. If you want one of these items to arrive by Christmas, you’ll likely be fine if your order is in by December 16th. To be safe, you’ll want it in by Thursday, the 15th.
Unless you want to specifically arrange to pay hundreds extra for priority upgrades for large Packages, we cannot do Priority Upgrades for our fixed $3 shipping fee. For large packages, that only guarantees priority processing.
Safe Order Deadline: It’s Too Late
If you want something internationally, it’s likely too late to get it by this Christmas. There is always next year right? Or, consider a Happy New Year gift? But do you really need a reason to give somebody a great disc golf gift?
Deadline to Arrive By Christmas: December 25th
The safest bet (and arguably the best Christmas gift for a disc golfer) is an E-Gift card. An email gift card code will be sent to you within seconds. The other nice thing about an electronic gift card is that you can personalize it any way you want. Print it up and put it in a card or a picture with an original poem you wrote, or a picture of yourself. Who doesn’t like a personalized gift? Or you can making things super simple, and just email the code directly to the recipient.
Safe Order Deadline: Nonexistent
What if I waited until the week of Christmas to order my discs? Overnight and rushed 2 day shipping options are available, but these can get pricey and there are no promises on delivery time. This is not a safe option, however, if you would like to give it a try, email or call us before you make the order. The shipping price on these are determined case by case. Again, at this point, the best ordering option may be a gift card.
*In rare instances (less than 1% of all orders), packages get misplaced or lost by the individual carriers and do not arrive by the estimated time frame. We cannot guarantee that any package will actually arrive by Christmas.